Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Merino Me



While the rest of the world waits for the early signs of spring, in New Zealand we're seeing the first hints of autumn.   The light has shifted, the cool morning air smells like woodsmoke, and today I pulled a sweater down from the top of my closet for an early walk into town.

On the odd weekend, I tuck $10.00 into my pocket and head down to the flea market.  This morning I stumbled upon one of our local merino shops clearing out fabric and samples.   I picked up five swaths  -- each a different color and knit, but several meters of merino each -- all for five dollars.  Total.

I don't think you can tell from this photo, but it's a lot of fabric.  And just gorgeous.  Holy mother of merino!  This was a fabulous flea find.


Even though the days still feel warm and summery, I can tell that the indoor part of the year is approaching -- I'm excited to have some warm and cozy projects on the horizon.

No comments: